The Gambia Armed Forces (GAF) wishes to inform the general public that it has been offered several scholarships to study in the fields of Medicine and Nursing studies at BSc level at the University of The Gambia (UTG).
As a goodwill gesture, GAF wishes to extend some of the slots to members of the general public especially young, physically and mentally fit Gambians to equally apply for the scholarship.
Prospective candidates would be recruited into The Gambia Armed Forces to serve as soldiers and shall have the opportunity to sit to the Commission Selection Board and be commissioned as Officers upon completion of the relevant academic and military training at the UTG.
The candidates shall be called upon to undergo continuous Basic Military Training at the GAF Training School intermittently during their respective breaks from studies at the UTG.
To be eligible for selection, prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a Gambian as defined in the Constitution of the Gambia 1997 (as amended).
- Candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 21 years.
- Candidates must possess at least six (6) credits including English and Mathematics at the West African Examinations Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Candidates must be medically fit (mentally and physically).
- Candidates must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Candidates must be prepared to undergo Basic Military Training.
- Candidates must be recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicants’ character and integrity.
Interested candidates can purchase application forms at the Defence Headquarters, Gambia Armed Forces, 3 Marina Parade, Banjul not later than Friday 5th March 2021.